Electric Varsity Collection – Oxford
- Lightweight, ideal for city living
- Operates with Bluetooth Technology
- Up to 60km in one charge
- Battery recharges as you ride
- Tamper-proof alarm & wheel lock function
- Pedal assist up to 25km/h
You may also like…
The Quella ELECTRIC Varsity range maintains a vintage retro design with a revolutionary electric motor. The motor and battery fit neatly inside the rear hub in a handsome, stainless steel plated body that enables partial re-charging whilst you ride – say goodbye to sweaty rides (if you want to!). You can arrive at work fresh as a daisy or regulate the power to have a great workout.
Our electric hub has 4 power levels –
- No assist (manual riding)
- Eco mode – Pedal assist with maximum distance (50/60km) from one charge.
- Turbo – Maximum pedal assistance up to 25km/h with a maximum power of 250W.
- Turbo Custom – Create your own Pedelec power mode! You can change 2 parameters: the amount of BOOST the motor gives you at low speed and the overall amount of ASSISTANCE factor of the motor.
There is no need for tax, insurance or a licence as this innovative motor is compliant with EAPC law.
Bluetooth technology links the hub to your handlebar remote and your phone so you manage your hub settings through an app. The hub incorporates a regenerative KERS (Kinetic Energy Recuperation System) braking system, similar technology as used in Formula One engines, energy is converted to recharge and power the battery whilst back-pedalling and simultaneously slowing the bicycle down.
Our stunning Varsity Oxford is finished in a classic Oxford Blue coloured frame with complementary Quella premium finish kit. Like the two great universities, it competes with the Varsity Cambridge for the top spot.
Bicycle Frame Features:
· Premium paint finishes and detailing.
· Cro-mo 4130 track frame and fork, double-butted at the seat post for extra strength.
· All new premium Vintage design CNC Crank Set.
· 700c 40mm Deep V rims with a front sealed bearing wheel hub.
Electric Hub Key Features:
· Battery and motor contained in lightweight 3.2kg hub.
· Hub motor is 250W assisting the rider up to 25km/h.
· Battery can be powered to full capacity 2-3 hours, simply plug the charging cable into a power source.
· Motor assistance activates once the bike reaches 5km “As soon as you stop pedalling, the motor will stop pushing”.
· Bluetooth connectivity links the hub to your handlebar remote and phone so you manage your hub settings through the bit-ride app.
· Re-charge the battery as you ride by pedalling backwards to activate the regenerative braking system (KERS).
Electric Hub Technical Data:
· Rate Power 250W
· Maximum torque 20Nm
· 29.2 Volts
· Rated Capacity 5300 mAh
· Energy 154.8 Wh
· Weight 3.2 Kg
· Operating Temperature: -20 degrees to +70 degrees
· Storage temperature: -40 degrees to +60 degrees
· Charging Temperature: -20 degrees to +60 degrees
· Degree of protection: IP54
· Voltage Input 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
· Output voltage 31.2V
· Charging current 1.5A
· Charging time 3 Hours
Instruction booklet included.
Available via all cycle to work schemes, for more info on potential savings, click here.
Frame: Cro-mo 4130 Track Geometry
Forks: Cro-mo 4130 Track Profile
Crank: Quella Premium Vintage CNC Aluminium 44T
Pedals: Wellgo Platform
Gear ratio: 44T/16T
Rear Electric Hub: Zehus
Front Hubs: Joytech sealed bearing
Rims: Quella 40mm Deep-V Double Wall CNC Braking Surface
Tyres: Kenda West 25c
Brakes: Radius Dual Pivot Calliper
Handlebars: Quella Premium Bullhorn with 31.8 Bore
Stem: Quella Premium 90mm reach
Saddle: Quella Premium Varsity Body Geo Comfort Saddle
Seat Post: Micro Adjust 27.2
Headset: Quella CNC Sealed Bearing
Stand Over Height: 28.5″ 51cm, 30″ (54cm), 33″ (58cm), 34″ (61cm)
Weight inc Electric Hub: 14 kgs (51cm), 14 kgs (54cm), 14.5 kgs (58cm), 14.8 kgs (61cm)
All our bikes are sent out as single-speed by default, but if you would like it to be set up in fixed-gear simply mention this in the comments section of your order. Thanks to the Flip-Flop hub you can easily switch between the two by simply turning the rear wheel around.
In single-speed, the wheels move independently of pedal rotations, allowing you to coast. In fixed gear, if the wheels are moving then so are the pedals – just like a child’s tricycle.
Your bike will arrive 90% assembled. You will need to attach the pedals, brakes and handlebars, drop the seat post in and tighten all the bolts. The required tools are sent with the bike, and we’ve set up an online video to help, just search for ‘Quella – Final Assembly’ in YouTube.
All Quella Bicycle frames and forks are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship for a set period. This period is 12 months for all Quella brand complete bikes and frame sets. Warranty also includes coverage on bicycle components for sixty days from the original date of purchase. This warranty applies to the original owner only and is not transferable. Proof of purchase may be required.
The vintage-inspired paint finish and hand-made leather saddle and bar tape complete the signature Quella aesthetic.